- Category: White Papers Exhibition
08 Feb 2017
A White Paper in which Harold Hallikainen of USL/QSC gives the critical information about the most recent United States Department of Justice rules for accessibility equipment in the cinema auditorium.
The deadlines (from last page of report) are:
- Assistive Listening Systems are required to be operational now (rules requiring them are more than 20 years old).
- Staff Requirements are effective January 17, 2017, if a theater is providing closed captioning or audio description.
- Advertising Requirements are effective January 17, 2017, if a theater is providing closed captioning or audio description.
- Closed Captioning and Audio Description equipment is to be operational by June 2, 2018. However, if a theater converts from film to digital after December 2, 2016, closed captioning and audio description equipment must be installed within 6 months of the conversion or December 2, 2018, whichever is later.